Friday, March 30, 2012

Obnoxious proposals are totally in this season!

     Elections are among us and I feel like that's all anyone ever talks about. Some new scandal or ridiculous proposal of a new bill; there's always some new drama. It's like politicians believe that any publicity is good publicity, but is that true? Yes, it's good for the voters to know your name, but I personally wouldn't want my name known for something that creates a major fuss among the public. Especially among the people that I want to gain votes from! These candidates that we have now are just pathetic. It's as if they feel incredibly powerful and untouchable. Even state officials.
     I've become personally irked by these bills that politicians keep trying to pass. Mainly the ones that conflict with our Bill of Rights. For example, several months ago, the National Defense Act or SOPA. These things irritate our public because it goes against what our Founding Fathers worked so hard to establish. Recently, Georgia's state government brought a bill to life that basically made abortions illegal no matter the reason. I wouldn't normally bring this up, since it didn't scream national government, but since I was so irritated, I did some digging. I uncovered the fact that this bill has the support of certain candidates running for president and to me that's absolutely frightening. These are potential people that can rule us and make laws that we, as citizens, must follow.
     Seriously, politicians, you guys, or gals, need to stop being so obnoxiously ridiculous or get out of office. There's already enough screwed up people in this world that we don't need them running this country. Better yet, just stop trying to "better" our country by creating new bills and/or laws. It's times like this that I thank our ancestors before us for building our government system into the slow moving democracy it is today!

No comments:

Post a Comment