Friday, February 10, 2012

I'm feeling a little hacked today.

   I've always believed that ignorance is bliss, but when it comes to what the government tells us and what they withhold, is it still bliss that I'm feeling? First off, I'm not quite sure if this is the type of article expected when talking about the US national government, but I really think it might be something that should be on our radar when we think about our government. I'd like to believe that the government hides information from us for very valid reasons, but now I feel like I might just have been naive about the whole thing. I'm now more confused than ever with the level of trust I give our government.
   This group of hackers, known as Anonymous, is notorious for hacking government websites and finding out all the dirty details about what goes on behind closed doors in our government. These hackers post YouTube videos, tweet and who all knows what else they do, all to expose information to the public that they wouldn't get elsewhere. Honestly, I'm not too sure how I feel about all of this. I get this sickening feeling that something really bad is going to come from all of this. I'm torn between whether I think these hackers are doing a good thing or not.
   Hacking websites is not an easy task, especially when it's such important websites such as the CIA, the state of Alabama and Mexico's mining ministry's websites. If these people can hack those, what else could they get away with? Could these people potentially be more dangerous than the things our government hides from us? Should us as American citizens feel scared or empowered? We allow our government to have the powers that it does, so we should allow ourselves to trust that they use their powers to protect us, right?
   This article was very intriguing as is this whole hacking political websites business, but personally I'm creeped out. Yet, I can't quit reading about this stuff! If you feel the same way, you would totally be interested in reading this article and even the comments people leave about the subject matter.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment